Frequently Asked Questions
These are the frequently asked questions gathered by mygenbio.
Genes & Nutrition
What is genetic nutrition? What is the benefit of genetic nutrition?
It's the field of research where nutritional science meets genomics, in order to develop personalized nutrition and lifestyle programs.
Genetic nutrition lets you find out the parts of your diet that have the most impact on
your health and can reduce disease risk factors.
Genetic Test (DNA Test)
How do I check my results?
- You can check your results by clicking on the Test Result under AI Analysis. It's a summary of your genetic test results. (This feature is on the development process. We are currently sending DNA test result summary file and the whole test result to your own email address.)
How long does it take to get my test result?
- Genetic test results will take approximately 4 weeks.
Can I get help to collect the sample at your clinic?
- Yes. Schedule in advance by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I get my genetic test submitted?
- You will receive a genetic test kit which includes a small plastic tube to hold your saliva sample. There is a folded instruction card containing all information that you need to know in the kit. You can collect the saliva sample at home through a simple process and send the sample through USPS. (No additional cost needed.)
How reliable is genetic testing?
- From all analysis of raw data, we find that we have a 99.99% accuracy on average, which is the gold standard. We collaborate with an expert team of laboratory scientists, professional sports coaches, health professionals and nutritionists so that the interpretation of data is made from solid published research, company and real world results.
When is the best time to take daily supplements?
- You can find how to use daily supplements on each product page. Consult your doctor if you are taking other prescription medications.
Are there any side effects from supplements?
- Our supplements are made with natural ingredients, and if you follow the instructions carefully, the chance of side effects will be reduced. However, depending on the individual's conditions there may be side effects just as there is food intolerance. Please refer to each product page or discuss possible side effects with your prescription medications of your doctor.
What is the expiration of the sold supplements?
- You can check the expiration date put on each product label. For products with a manufacture date only, we recommend a product be used in the first 18 months after the manufacture date on the bottle.
Is there any scientific evidence for your products? What is special about Thorne supplements?
- The Thorne manufacturer complies with all FDA regulations (cGMP certified), and the products are manufactured in facilities certified by other third-party organizations, including TGA and NSF International. (TGA= Therapeutic Goods Administration; NSF= National Sanitation Foundation). Thorne's R&D department collaborates clinically with the Mayo Clinic, a prestigious research center in the United States. The Thorne manufacturer sources natural ingredients with high purity, and creates a clean manufacturing process. Thorne supplements are used in a more absorbable form and engineered with an appropriate amount of bioactive substances, thus ensuring more safety and a higher efficacy than other supplements.
I have an HRA account at work. Is this program qualified to use my HRA? Or is this program qualified to use other accounts like HSA or FSA?
Before purchasing one of our products, you should consider checking first with your benefits coordinator to determine if your purchases will be covered/reimbursed.
Once I get the personalized nutrition supplements after the test, when do I expect my health to improve?
We typically suggest doing your best to take all supplements and be as compliant as possible with diet and other lifestyle recommendations for at least 30 days. But changes related to lifestyle often take some time for lasting results to occur. While more subjective concerns - like improved sleep, general feelings of well-being, etc. May be noticeable in the first 30 days, more specific physiological changes - such as those seen on a blood test - often require weeks to months of compliance for measurable changes to occur. We advise that you consult with your physician for your continued health management and to adjust your plan as needed for your individual health concerns.
Among 15 items of genetic tests through Mygenbio package, are there any more items available such as diabetes, Alzheimer, cancer, etc.?
The test shows a genetic risk for type 2 diabetes, your cognition with age, and your general immune response.
When will the MYGENBIO Package expire?
We launch our Mygenbio package in limited quantities.
Sing up & My Health Profile
Where do I see the recommended products?
Under the My Health Profile tap, you will be able to see the recommended supplements connected to your test results.
How do I reset my password? I don't remember my password.
You will be able to reset your password by clicking “Forgot your password?” on the login page.
Can I update my health information on My Health Profile tap?
Yes. Go to “My Health Profile” tap and you can update your health information anytime.
What would be my benefit if I upload my health data?
Based on your health data entered into My Health Profile, we will be able to better guide you into personalized nutrition supplements, diet and exercise regimens. You can expect to maintain optimal health from our digital health care platform.
Privacy & Data Protection
How is my personal information protected?
- HIPAA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act is a federal law that requires the creation of national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed. We have completed required training and are compliant with HIPAA. We take multiple precautions to protect your personal information. We use reliable sources like Amazon Cloud. With core values like transparency and choice, we are not in the business of selling your Personal Information for commercial purposes such as advertising or marketing.
Is it possible to visit your clinic in person to receive medical consultation?
- Yes. Email us at email@example.com to schedule your visit.
Where can I check my reward point?
- To access your rewards, please locate the "Rewards" button on your screen and log in.
- After clicking on the "Rewards" button, a rewards panel will appear, displaying your accumulated reward points.
How does a reward program work?
- Receive 10% of your purchase as reward points, which can be used towards future purchases. For example, if you buy a product worth $10.00, you will receive $1.00 (100 points) in reward points.
* Special Reward Point Promotion
- Get a full point reward promotion, Mygenbio Package DNA tests for a limited time only. Purchase the DNA test for $199 and earn 19,900 points ($199) that can be used for future purchases.
How can I use my reward points?
- To redeem your rewards, click on the "Ways to Redeem" button in the rewards panel.
- If they do have enough points for one of the fixed amount rewards, there will be a "Redeem" button.
- Upon clicking redeem, you will be taken to a page that shows the coupon code with a button to apply code which will automatically apply that coupon code to the checkout.
- If you have email notifications enabled in your account settings, a discount code will also be emailed to you.
- To redeem points for Incremental rewards, you need to use the points slider to select the amount of point they would like to spend, then click Redeem:
- Please be mindful when choosing the reward amount, as the created coupon can only be used once. For example, if you redeem $50 worth of points and use the coupon to purchase a $30 product, the remaining $20 cannot be used for another transaction.
- Unused coupon can be used anytime in the future.
Has the reward point expired?
- Yes. The reward points are valid for 2 years.
Is my accumulated points transferable? Or tradable?
- No. Your points will not be transferable nor tradable.
Sales & Shipping in Korea
Where Can I issue a Personal Customs Clearance Code?
- Click here to issue PCCC. You will be directed to the Korea Customs Office with detailed information. If you want to issue a Personal Customs Clearance Code on Mobile, view the descriptive YouTube Video here. A Korea Customs Officer will explain to you how to issue your personal customs clearance code on a mobile environment.
What is 'PCCC'? Why is it necessary to enter the code when I'm shipping my product to Korea?
- PCCC is an abbreviation of a 'Personal Customs Clearance Code'. It means a sign that an individual uses instead of a resident registration number when they are reporting an import after purchasing goods overseas. Due to the Personal Information Protection Act in Korea, it is impossible to collect resident registration numbers. So, shopping malls and delivery agencies are instructed users to register and fill out PCCC.
I live in Korea and interested in the MYGENBIO event package. Am I eligible?
- Yes, you are eligible. We will also arrange your personalized supplements shipped directly to Korea.
Should I pay sales tax if I ship it outside the USA?
- If the transaction is made outside the US, there is no sales tax added.